Sunday, May 4, 2008

Arai Enn 305'il Kadavul - The Review

Honestly, I had huge regards for Simbudhevan after watching his 23rd Pulikesi. I loved every frame of it. That one was fresh and unbelieavable funny. Historic comedy?? I had never even heard of that before. And to pull it off with such finesse...it was just amazing.

But...but...what about his second venture?? It is a personal records of sorts for me. Never in my 15 yr movie going experince have I walked out of a movie hall before the end of the movie. Unbelievable? Believe It. But I had to break my record this one time. I was out before the last 20 mins.

I cudn't find a trace of creativity that was overflowing in 23rd pulikesi. Actually I'm confused as to what genre this movie belongs. Its definitely not comedy...ofcourse..the serious matters make us laugh..but thats unintended comedy. Is it a kids movie?? Maybe...coz..u have some graphic stuff happening here and there. And there's that crappy thing called Galaxy Box...or Power of galaxy or G-Box or some shit. But..there is that one scene between Rajesh and Prakash Raj...where they debate about the existence of God...and that is serious evidence that this is no kids movie...One of the kids in the movie hall actually started crying at the end of the scene. We were all looking at each other with the same expression.."Why blood...Same Blood".

I do not wish to explain what this movie is about because its inexplicable. It sure is wasted talent. Simbudhevan....better luck next time. On second thoughts...it wud be better off if we include this in the "Moral Instructions" lessons that the poor kids have to deal with in school.

Arai En - Stay as far away as possible.

Rating - 3/10.

3 comments:

Inderjit V M said...

Kindly see the movie Thozha and pen down ur comments pls (Sethanda vijay)

Anonymous said...

Thnks for the heads up dude.. ennaiku tha antha padatha pakalanu nenachae... Ganesh..

Vijay said...

kandippa "Thozha" paathuttu update pannraen machi.