Monday, November 13, 2006

NY Paruppu

Ok, before I start with the actual incident, I'd just like to say that I'm a software consultant working for an Indian Company. Inga edhukku vara poraen..ellam "Onsite" dhaan. Adhey kuppai dhaan naanum. Ok with that info, we'll start. I was returning to NJ from Boston. I landed in NY and was lookng for the actual gate from where the Nj bus starts. Orey oru gate'la mattum, Oru periya line irundhudhu..and most of them were Desis. Appavey theliva therinjidhu adhu NJ pora bus dhaan'nu...as I as waiting for the Bus,
enakku munnadi irukkaravan enna kaettaan..avanum oru desi dhaan..actually there were two of them...
"Where are you heading to?"
PineBrooks'nu sonnaen...
"Oh..we are heading to Parsippany" appadi'nu sonaan...Adhoda niruthi irukalaam..aana avan vidama..I'm avan he is evan...and I did my MS in Michigan and am
right now working in NY (aaahhhaaa aarambichitaanae....)...NY is a big city and you shud obviously be knowing that its too expensive as well. So we stay in Parsippany. We had a get-together of sorts in NY today and we are heading home after that. (Enakku avana suthama pudikkala...vidaama pesittu irundhaan..naan verum thalai'a mattum aatittu irundhaen...)
Nadula konjam gap vittu "So you're coming from?" appadi'nu sonnaan....
"Boston"'nu sonnaen...apparam I knew what he'd ask...and he's from North India as well..Chappathi saapudravan kitaa neraya peela vidanum'nu solli...ready panni vechittaen...
"What do you do"'nu kaettaan...avolo dhaan...
Vaada Vaada Vaada..."I'm doing my Masters in CS ...NEU in Boston??? (Appadiyae copy from Alaipaayudhey..I'm doing my Masters in Opthalmology..Princeton Univ?")...
Oh Yes..I know the NEU...appadi'nu sonnaan...
Adhoda naan niruthala...(Unna vida maataen da dei)....You know I'm actually moving into NY this February ..I got a full time offer in NY...
"Oh where?"
"GS..."'nu sonnaen...
"Pardon me"...(Appadi adangi irunga da dei...)
"Hmm..Goldman Sachs...I thought you shud be knowing it..u've been here long time huh.."
"Oh..yeah..Goldman Sachs..Gr8 company" appadi'nu sonnaan..."Ok..thats gr8 dude..(Indha Dude'a vida maatanga)...
"Yeah actually it is great..I'll be working in the Asset Management division where I need to build
mathematical models to.. you know..manage funds of High Net Worth Individulas"...
Avolo dhaan..payyan pamma aarambichitaan...Enakkum oru santhosham...Bus'la aeri naan vera edathukku poyi okkandhuttaen...
Enna irundhaalum..Arisi Arisi dhaan...Chapathi Chapathi dhaan.
Enakku eppadi GS pathi ivolo theriyum'nu neenga nenaikalaam...Naan sonna kadhai ellamay..ennoda Boston friend'oda nejamana profile..adhaan naan chumma kadan vaangittaen avolo dhaan...
Ok..Cya guys next time with smething interesting.

No comments: